Terms and Conditions
1. The student must provide all requirements asked by Jellyfish Education upon enrolling. The student may also ask advice for the selection of class fitting to his/her knowledge of the Japanese language and availability of schedule.
2. The student must download/update all the needed application for the class such ZOOM application and an updated version of Google chrome for easy and smooth access of the Babel platform.
3. The student is given THREE (3) DAYS after payment, the freedom to cancel his/her enrollment. Within the given 3-days period, Jellyfish Education is entitled to give a refund to the student for the amount paid during enrollment. Enrollment cancellation beyond 3-DAYS period is considered non-refundable. Thus, Jellyfish Education is not obligated to give back any amount paid by the Second Party. The reservation fee is non-refundable.
4. In case the student fails to attend 3 consecutive days from the start of the class he/she has enrolled in, Jellyfish Education gives the student an allowance to join the next batch of classes offered with a valid reason and for approval. If the student still fails to attend the next batch, he/she needs to re-enroll for the succeeding batch of classes which is for another payment.
SCOPE AND DURATION OF THE CLASS
4. The student can choose different levels of the class fitting to his/her previous knowledge of Japanese language background given that it has been validated by the Japanese teacher.
5. The student is to remain enrolled or attend the class. Should the student stop attending the class or transfer to other class/ school, the amount paid for the tuition fee would not be refunded.
PUNCTUALITY, ABSENCES, and CONDUCT
6. The student must strictly observe punctuality as to not distract teacher’s discussions.
7. . The student is considered LATE if he/she joined the class 5 minutes after the original start time, and considered ABSENT if he/ she arrived 10 minutes after the start of the class.
Note: The student can still join the class if they are marked as late or absent by Section 7.
8. The student should inform the teacher or Jellyfish Education if he/she cannot attend the class or will be late in the class based on the following reasons with the format (Name, Schedule, and Reason):
· Due to sickness or unexpected events-The student should inform the staff and sensei 30 minutes before the start of the class
· Due to occasions, vacation, work schedule or any events which can be foreseen-The student should inform the teacher or staff 3 days before the absent date.
9. The student should only be allowed to have a maximum of have a maximum of six (6) absences with valid reason in the entire duration of his/her Nihongo class. If the student exceeded the allowed number of absences, Jellyfish Education will NOT provide a Certificate of Completion to the student. This is to prevent absences that will affect student quality of learning and will also protect the credibility of Jellyfish Education and its service.
10. If the student got absent for a day with valid reason, he/she can be transferred to a different class with the same curriculum that he/she failed to attend. Student must email the teacher/ Jellyfish Education's contact to make the reservation. Failure to send an email will not award a class transfer. If the class for transfer is already full, the student can take 2 supplementary class during the course period but the date and time is based on availability.
11.If the student is absent WITH OR WITHOUT informing the sensei and the staff or WITH OR WITHOUT valid reason, Jellyfish Education will only provide the recorded session discussion of the lessons missed as uploaded in the google folder of the student, so she can still catch up with the class.
12. The student should strictly be in a proper manner during the class as to not distract other students. Jellyfish Education has the right to expel the student for showing misconduct.
13. Eating during the class is strictly prohibited except during break time. Chatting with other students or to anyone during the class is also prohibited. If the student committed the prohibited actions, he/she will be marked as late or absent by the teacher’s discretion.
14. The student is not allowed/ prohibited to perform any of the following:
a) To transfer, use, sell, buy or sell, or change the name, setting right of pledge, pledge as security of the right to use the service to any other person.
b) Infringe upon the honor, credit, copyright, patent, utility model right, design right, trademark right, likeness right, or privacy of BABEL METHOD Inc.
c) Acts that are illegal or offensive to public order and morals.
d) Actions that interfere with the operation of this service.
e) Attempting to make personal contact with the instructor, whether online or offline.
f) The act of using a single account with multiple users.
g) Disclosing information that you have learned during the lesson or through the lesson to
Third party or on the internet.
h) Sharing or divulging the account or materials used in the lesson to a third party or on the Internet.
i) Any other acts that the first party deems inappropriate.
j) Fail to follow any important instructions from BABEL METHOD Inc. when using the Service.
k) Inappropriate use of the platform (Babel Method) for any other reason.
15. If the student performs any of the prohibited actions stated in Section 17, Jellyfish Education has the right to suspend or delete the student’s account. Or in worst case scenarios, the student will be held responsible and liable for any damaged caused to the used platform (Babel Method).
16. The student has the right to choose schedules as long as it is still available.
17. Jellyfish Education can make changes and adjustment to the initially announced class schedule due to the following reasons:
· Fortuitous events like (weather, holidays and etc.)
· If the minimum target number of students in a group class were not met.
18. Jellyfish Education will give the student a calendar of schedule chosen to be guided on the duration and schedule of the class.
19. Reserved slot is valid for 3 days only. Failure to follow the specified timeline will automatically forfeit the student reservation.
20. The student bears the costs of the tuition fee and should pay within the specified dates stated in the email after the reservation of slot. Jellyfish Education has the right to cancel the student reservation/enrollment in case the student failed to pay the exact amount of tuition fee in the specified timeline.
21. The tuition fee paid by the student is non-refundable whether the student decided not to continue in the entire duration of the class. In case the student has attended at least one session and have decided not to attend anymore, he/she needs to enroll again and pay the regular tuition fee in the chosen schedule to be able to attend the next class opening.
22. Discounted amount of tuition fee should be verified by Jellyfish Education before proceeding in the payment. Combined discounts and promotions will be subject for approval by Jellyfish Education.
23. The student grants Jellyfish Education an exclusive right to use its photographs during classes for commercial and non-commercial purposes without any monetary responsibility.
24. Jellyfish Education may disclose personal information provided by the student, to the extent such disclosure is reasonably necessary for the instances, but solely for the limited purpose of such necessity whereby Jellyfish Education partner companies may need the students' personal information to inform job openings and opportunities where the student may apply for career advancement.
25. The student is entitled to receive a Certificate of Completion if he/she is qualified and it was validated by the teacher.
26. Jellyfish Education should give a Certificate of Completion once the student met the overall passing grade which is 90% attendance rate, pass the conversation level check, pass the N5 practice exam and must complete the given tasks from the whole class duration. If the Second Party failed to do so, the Certificate of Completion will not be issued.